QUEST 3 Field Experiences
QUEST 3 is a full-time immersion into public school settings that involves a 14-week, all-day experience or, in the case of two areas of certification, two 7-week experiences*. Student teaching is a full-time, daytime commitment, and you are urged to consider it as full-time employment in order to give this semester the appropriate time allocation. You are strongly encouraged to avoid taking classes or working at another job during this challenging and rewarding semester, and no other obligations can be undertaken during daytime hours. For a complete description of Student Teaching, please refer to the Student Teaching Handbook. All QUEST 3 candidates are expected to download a copy of this Handbook and become familiar with its entire contents.
*All bilingual EC-6 candidates will have 7 weeks experience in a bilingual classroom and 7 weeks in a monolingual classroom.
- Fall 2012 QUEST 3 Student Teaching Homepage
- QUEST 3 Student Teaching Application
- QUEST 3 Student Teaching Handbook
- QUEST 3 Internship Policy
- Student Teaching at Another Institution Policy
- Visiting Student Teacher Policy
- Visiting Student Teacher Application
- Using Prior Experiences
- Student Teacher of the Year Application Procedures