Eugene Chiappetta/Texas Chemical Council Scholarship
Eugene Chiappetta - Texas Chemical Council Scholarship Graduate Only
This scholarship is available to a full-time doctoral student who demonstrates the desire to advance science literacy, especially in the area of chemistry. The scholarship will be awarded to an applicant who exhibits an intense desire to promote chemistry literacy among teachers and students, especially in Texas as determined by the College of Education Scholarship Committee.
Notification of awards will be sent to your UH email address. Please make sure your destination email is updated in PeopleSoft (MyUH).
- Scholarship applicant should exhibit an intense desire to promote chemistry literacy among teachers and students, especially in Texas, such as one who teaches or has taught high school chemistry.
- Applicant must be a doctoral student enrolled in (9) hours during the academic year; (6) hours during the summer; and be a student in good standing in the College of Education and the University of Houston.
- Scholarship award is renewable for up to two years provided the recipient continues to meet eligibility requirements.
- Applicant should have a good background in chemistry.
- Applicant must maintain a GPA of 3.0 or better.
- Scholarship recipient may accept other scholarships and grants.
- Funds can be used to cover expenses for tuition, books, fees, and/or supplies for the coming academic semester. Any expenses of a recipient in excess of the amount deposited must be borne by the student.
- Applicant must join the American Chemical Association and attend these and other profesional meetings. The recipient must maintain contact with chemical and industry representatives and assist the industry in promoting good science and technology.
Award for this three year scholarship will be determined by the College of Education Scholarship Committee.
To Apply, please follow the Scholarship Application Process