Marcile Hollingsworth Scholarship - Science
Marcile Hollingsworth Scholarship - Science Graduate Only
This scholarship is available to full-time graduate degree seeking students who have taught high-school science in the Houston Independent School District for a minimum of three years and demonstrate an interest in teaching high school science in the Houston Independent School District in the future. Priority will be given to applicants who have completed “core science classes” and are enrolled in “cutting edge science classes.”
Notification of awards will be sent to your UH email address. Please make sure your destination email is updated in PeopleSoft (MyUH).
- Scholarship applicant has worked in HISD as a science teacher in high school for a minimum of three years.
- Scholarship applicant must demonstrate an interest in teaching high school Science HISD in the future.
- Priority will be given to applicants who have completed “core science classes” and are enrolled in “cutting edge science classes.”
- Applicant must be a full-time graduate degree seeking student in good standing in the College of Education at the University of Houston.
- Applicant must maintain a GPA of 3.0 or better.
- Scholarship recipient may accept other scholarships and grants.
- Funds can be used to cover expenses for tuition, books, fees, and/or supplies for the coming academic semester. Any expenses of a recipient in excess of the amount deposited must be borne by the student.
Award for this scholarship will be determined by the College of Education Scholarship Committee.
To Apply, please follow the Scholarship Application Process