Larry and Phyllis Hughes Award for Leadership Studies Endowment
Larry and Phyllis Hughes Award for Leadership Studies Endowment - Graduate Students
This scholarship is available to Doctoral Level students in the College of Education studying issues of leadership or organizational behavior.
Notification of awards will be sent to your UH email address. Please make sure your destination email is updated in PeopleSoft (MyUH).
- Recipients must be doctoral students at the College of Education at the University of Houston. Preference will be given to students in the Department of Educational Leadership and Cultural Studies.
- Each recipient must have an approved proposal for a doctoral dissertation focusing on an aspect of school or university leadership or organizational behavior.
- The Award shall be made annually upon availability of distributable earnings, with the amount of each award to be given equivalent to the amount of distributable earnings available in any given year. Only one person shall receive an Award each year, until such time as distributable earnings of the Endowment accrue to an amount of two thousand dollars. At the time, Dr. Larry W. Hughes and/or his designee will review the Dean of the College the option to distribute multiple annual awards.
- Recipients may also accept other grants, scholarships, financial aid.
- Recipients will be announced annually to be conveyed at the spring College commencement.
Awards for this scholarship will be determined by the College of Education Scholarship Committee.
To Apply, please follow the Scholarship Application Process