College of Education Scholarships
The College of Education offers a robust selection of scholarships to support the educational pursuits of our students.For information on Graduate Fellowships, students admitted to a graduate program may contact their Departments.
For information on student loans, grants, and scholarships offered by the University of Houston, please visit the University of Houston Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid.
Scholarship Application Process:
The College of Education Scholarship Application Process for funds to be used during the 2014-2015 academic year is now closed. All application information is submitted online. Learn more about the Scholarship Application Process.
This Scholarship Application Cycle is for use in Fall 2014 and Spring 2015.
Step 1: Review
Carefully review the list of scholarships to familiarize yourself with the criteria, both general criteria and those specific to individual awards.
Step 2: Prepare
You will complete one application and upload one set of materials. The committee will review your application only for scholarships for which you meet the criteria.
Prepare the following materials:
- A written narrative (written on 1 page, double-spaced, 12 point font, saved as a PDF document):
What makes you a strong candidate for a COE scholarship? (Successful applicants will review the scholarship criteria on the scholarship website to ensure that the written narrative highlights the fit with relevant scholarships.)
- Reference Contact Information (will be part of the online application submission)
Please supply the following information for two professional references, at least one of which is a College of Education faculty member. Your references will be emailed a link to the confidential reference form and will submit the form directly back to the Scholarship Committee. Please make sure you have asked your references first for permission to list their name and email address, and be certain the email addresses are exactly correct, as this is an automated process. Those applicants who do not have two completed references will not be eligible for a COE scholarship.
Name of Reference:
Title of Reference:
Email of Reference:
- A professional resume
- An unofficial transcript
- Tax documents (if applying for need-based scholarships only). Please submit the first page of the Form 1040 (Individual Income Tax Return - see example).
- FERPA statement (Form No. OGC-SF-2006-02). The form is available on the online application.
Note: Please enter College of Education Scholarship Committee next to This information may be released to on the FERPA form.
Step 3: Submit
Complete the College of Education Scholarship Application and upload the required documents.
After you have completed the application you will have until midnight of the final due date to complete document submission. All required documents must be submitted in order for your application to be considered complete.
If you have questions about the application process or if you encounter any difficulties, please contact Brandie Cleaver at email@example.com.
Below is a list of scholarships with projected funding available for the 2014-2015 school year at the UH College of Education. Please review the criteria for each scholarship before beginning the application process.
College of Education Scholarships
Scholarships are organized by those designated for all students, or for those in the Curriculum and Instruction or Educational Psychology Departments, or for those at the graduate or undergraduate levels.
Undergraduate and Graduate (Department of Curriculum and Instruction and Department of Educational Psychology):
- Administaff Educational Endowment Scholarship
- College of Education Alumni Association Scholarship Endowment
- Judy McCollough Butler Endowment Scholarship
- Mylie E. & Charles A. Durham Scholarship
- The Faith Gladstone Marshall Endowment Scholarship
- The Don and Jacqueline Hawkins Endowed Scholarship
- Dr. Allen R. Warner Endowed Scholarship
- Joshua Weinstein Memorial Endowment
- John D. and Susan K. Thompson Family Scholarship Endowment
- Weltzien Endowed Scholarship
- Helen and Melvin Wimpelberg Memorial Scholarship Endowment
- Mabel Jewell Harper Endowment Scholarship Fund in the College of Education
- Nancy D. Palm Scholarship Endowment
- S.D. Jackson Scholarship Endowment
- Helen Gore-Laird and Dov Liberman Educational Psychology Endowed Scholarship Fund
Curriculum and Instruction
Undergraduate and Graduate:
- E.E. and Myrtle Oberholtzer Endowed Scholarship
- The Paul R. and Nancy G. Borneman Scholarship Endowment
- Susan and Tom Williams Graduate Endowment Scholarship
- John Croft Endowment Scholarship-Educational Leadership
- Dr. Richard L. Hooker Scholarship-Educational Leadership
- Richard D. Strahan Educational Law Endowment Scholarship-Educational Leadership
- Dr. Sheng Kuan Chung Scholarship in Art Education