Welcome to the Center for Information Technology in Education (CITE)
The College of Education computer lab was established in 1989. The Center for Information Technology in Education (CITE)...
- Provides consultation and support for Instructional Design;
- Develops training on academic software and technology;
- Provides computing and multimedia environments;
- Creates and maintains web services;
- Analyzes computer user problems;
- Recommends and implements hardware/software solutions;
- Oversees the upkeep/repair of computer equipment;
- Designs, codes, tests, debugs, modifies and troubleshoots core and non-core technology application programs and ad-hoc programs;
- Provides informal hands-on training to users on the use of computers;
- Provides support to the academic public regarding intrinsic operating systems problems;
- Administers the local area network for the college, including the installation, configuration, maintenance and upgrading of the LAN;
- Analyzes the department's software and hardware needs;
- Insures compliance with university and division policies and procedures regarding network/computing acquisitions;
- Collaborates with administration and campus leaders to implement information technology support services.
The CITE Lab is located on the third floor of Farish Hall in the 300N suite of rooms. For assistance feel free to stop by the Help Desk (329 FH) or call 713-743-9833. As always, our helpful staff are ready to assist you!