The Graduate School of the University of Houston sets the minimum requirements for those considering admission; however, the requirements of individual graduate programs are often more rigorous.
Every College of Education program sets their own deadlines and requires the submission of additional materials. These materials vary by program, but examples include state certification, samples of your work, and personal statements. Information about required materials is available from the graduate coordinator or faculty lead of each program.
Graduate Application Requirements (Domestic and International)
- Complete a graduate application for Spring 2015 admissions or Fall/Summer 2015 admissions (available October 1, 2014).
- Electronic submission of required documents for Spring 2015 admissions or Fall/Summer 2015 admissions.
- Evidence of satisfactory English Proficiency on the TOEFL or IELTS standardized exams if an international applicant.
Doctoral Applicants - Only
- An independently completed writing sample composed for a professional or scholarly audience. Submit the writing sample electronically in the graduate application, under the listing “Additional Documents”.
- Doctoral applicant’s program department will notify eligible candidates for an interview.
Admission Deadlines (Domestic and International)
The college only reviews completed applications received by admission deadlines. International applicants must submit all materials at least 4 to 6 weeks in advance of the program deadlines.
Each program area has a faculty Review Committee who review completed applications. The program area faculty considers your credentials and educational background before making the final decision on admissibility. The decision period varies by each program area.